Sunday, January 22, 2012

All it Takes is a Little Courage

I have come to know and understand the importance of courage better than ever before in my life. In my experience, courage ranks up there with faith and love. Although there are many levels of fear, this article centers around the fear of change or the fear of stepping into one's true potential and greatness. So often in life we hold ourselves back from living our true authenticity because we are afraid of what someone else will think about us or if we will be received well. I ask you this: If you knew that your authentic self was a gift to the world, would you go ahead and step up? Without an answer, I can know that you probably would!

After overcoming a dramatic life event, I discovered fear ruling my life. My self-esteem was in the toilet and my hopes and dreams were blown apart. Everywhere I turned there was some fear blocking my path! It was through my desire to get back on top and find my joy again that my courage emerged. Even when we are in our darkest hours, we still have that light burning inside. I took what little bit of light I still had and I kept feeding it until it grew larger and larger. Eventually I found the courage to take steps forward toward a better future. I began joining groups and taking part in outings that I would have shied away from due to my low self-esteem. I had daily, sometimes hourly, conversations with myself to encourage this movement. I treated myself gently and I said positive affirmations over and over again even if at the time I didn't even believe my own words! Miraculously, my life slowly, but SURELY, shifted, moved, twisted, turned and changed! My new life began to emerge like a phoenix from the ashes. It seemed the more courage I had, the more movement I initiated and the more movement I initiated the more courage I had! It was a win-win situation. Peace began to descend over me and I began to find my true joy once again.

Friends, life is not over when something big takes us down for awhile. Although we may get banged up a bit, our true beauty and essence is still there! The light inside can never be extinguished. It takes just a little bit of courage to get back up and once you are up, claim the magnificence that you are and continue your path forward! You have everything you need to manifest a beautiful life. All it takes is a little courage.
Kristen Brown is a transformational and spiritual life coach and author who has overcome and experienced many of life's unwanted situations. To work with Kristen is exhilarating and inspiring. Her ability to hold neutral space while helping one work through his/her fears and blocks is remarkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment