Friday, February 18, 2011

What is Sadness Telling You?

What is sadness?  Have you questioned your sadness?  Where is the beginning of it and where is it’s end?  Sadness is merely an emotion telling you that something is missing.  It’s a signal to go inside and find that empty space and fill it up.
Sometimes I find myself sad for what I perceived for no apparent reason.  I decided to look a little further, go deeper and uncover the beginning of this sadness.  I’m not speaking about sadness over a death or something momentous in our lives, just a routine moment of sadness that we all encounter at one time or another.
When I take a moment to self-reflect, to go deeper into the sadness, I am usually quite surprised by what comes from that.  First, I discover that my reason is not as big or strong as this emotion feels.  Secondly, I find that by brushing away the dirt (the surrounding thoughts) that accompany my sadness, fresh light is brought unto it and the heavy emotion starts to fade.
Are you a person that finds yourself sad from time to time for some unbeknownst reason?  Are you willing to take a moment and look further?  I believe you can find your peace just under the surface.  It’s not far, it’s just one layer beyond the sadness.  Remember, we are what we think about.  Bring it all up into the fresh air, release the sadness and replace it with joyful thoughts that bring you peace. 
From my heart to yours…

No comments:

Post a Comment