Friday, February 11, 2011

We are Humanbeings Not Humandoings

Seems to me every single day I am learning something more amazing. I walk through my days in fascination of this world we live in. When we are mindful during our days, when we can stay fully present in all situations, it allows our minds to quiet and the awareness that comes in is remarkable!  By doing this, I have come to the realization how truly connected we all are. The connection between us grows more and more obvious as the days pass.  I have found strings of connection in almost everyone I meet or everything I do.  There are no coincidences.  And even if I knew and lived this before, it is now more powerful than ever.
          By keeping my thoughts out of the past or future, I have created space for new growth and knowledge.  I literally learn something fantastic every single day.  I have grown tremendously and am loving it!  Just when I thought I had a huge grip on “what is”, a whole new door opened and another fascinating world revealed itself to me.  Are you ready to open up your world and embrace a new awareness like never before?
          Being a person of high energy and production, I found the idea of slowing down the mind to be something for people that were less motivated in their lives.  I believed I had to be working constantly to get to my goals.  Contrarily, I have learned that I was so full with thinking and planning I was not allowing space for new knowledge or truly enjoying my life.  I discovered that the benefits of learning to be outweighed my constant production.  It has been said many times, “We are human beings not human doings.”  I understood the concept but didn’t really practice that in my life.  Probably, because I thought I already was doing it on some level because I meditate regularly.  I was not.  Meditation is different than living in the NOW. 
          I know many people will think, “But I have to do these things.  I have to work my butt off for this and this reason.”  Yes, we do have responsibilities.  We do have to work to live.  We do have to parent.  But, would you be willing to do it with more mindfulness?  Would you be willing to stay present as you trudge through your responsibilities?  Would you be willing to allow your mind to get quiet- knowing you can not control the future nor the past- knowing that all you really have is right this very moment?   Are you willing to become an empty vessel that can be filled with new insights, messages and revelations?  If you are too busy doing what you believe you should be to reach a goal, try being instead and watch the glory unfold all around you!
          I encourage you all to try this on!  Make a conscious effort to be.  Know that no amount of doing is going to make you any happier.  Doing is only saying, “I’m not going to be happy until this happens!”.  Isn’t it time to be happy right now?
Namaste’

No comments:

Post a Comment