Thursday, February 3, 2011

Checking in with my New Year's Intention: Wow!

So the last week of 2010 I pondered what would be the most beneficial intention for me in 2011.  Hmmmm…..  Finally I came up with “living totally in the NOW”.  For me, this meant enjoying the little things and being fully present when my children or parents are talking to me and basically just slowing down a bit.  I thought it would merely help me to enjoy the smaller things in life and to show up more complete for my family.  Boy, was I in for a surprise!

         
It is now day 34 into my New Year’s Intention and my life has shifted in ways I had no idea it would!

1.     My creativity took off!  I couldn’t believe it!  The juices started flowing and there is no stopping me!  I feel like I am riding a bike downhill with my legs outstretched and my hair blowing freely.  It has been the most amazing feeling…  Weeeeee!
2.    The joy!  Oh… my… gosh…  I have finally landed into a place of pure joy.  No matter what is going on around me, no matter who is acting up, I can remain in my joyful place.  I may be rocked a bit at first, but returning to homeostasis is so easy now!  I no longer hold onto stress like I use to.  I realize that only love matters no matter what.
3.     Doors opening!  Who knew that “staying in the NOW” would manifest doors opening?  I believe it’s because when we stay fully present (not worrying over our futures or pasts) and we completely show up to this moment, WE DON’T MISS ANYTHING!  Our mind is clear and open to seeing/feeling/hearing everything around us.  It’s like a whole new awareness!  And we only focus on the areas that our desires reside in thus manifesting just that!  Fascinating!
4.    Everyday is Disneyland!  This is the one shift that still has me amazed…  I have literally found that I go to bed every night…  get this…  excited for tomorrow!  And when I say excited, I mean excited!  I have an anticipation of-  Yay!  What new thing is going to happen tomorrow!  I literally feel like each new day is going to hold some kind of magic for me and I wait in excited anticipation!

Who knew that by merely “Staying in the NOW” would change my life in so many fascinating ways!  I am literally blown away.  I chose my intention to help me stay focused rather than lost in my own thoughts, and to my great surprise, I received that and so much more! 

My invitation to you is this:  Practice staying in the NOW.  This means being fully present in all areas of your life no matter what it is you are doing.  Driving, cleaning the toilet, exercise, eating.  Stay fully present.  Enjoy every single moment and see what magic happens for you!

Namaste’

No comments:

Post a Comment