Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Projection Part 2: Are You a Projector?

     The flip side of being the recipient of projection is being the projector!  This is when we subconsciously project onto others our guilt feelings.  If you discover this about yourself, rejoice!  I know that sounds funny, but you have just opened up a whole new space of awareness and healing for yourself!  Discovering areas that need improvement is a good thing!  Isn’t it true that you want to show up in the world the best way you can?  Well, this is how.
         So with that being said, if you find yourself projecting your own attributes, thoughts or emotions onto someone else, good for you!  You have just opened up a brand new door into self-discovery.  Now is the time to get real and honest with self and allow yourself to morph into the person you truly want to be.
         For instance, if you are calling someone else “selfish”, stop for a moment and ponder, “Am I selfish?”  Is this my own guilt throwing this onto someone else?  Now, let’s say you answer yes.  Bravo!  I commend you for your personal honesty!  At this point you decide:  Is this how I want to be?  How can I attract people who aren’t selfish into my life if I am?  Do I like selfish people?  How am I going to change this?
         You have just started yourself on a beautiful path of enlightenment and growth!  We are all human.  We all have our wonderful traits as well as our shortcomings.  It’s ok, to not be perfect.  It’s ok to be human, but it’s even better to want to show up in the world as the best  person we can be at any given moment. 
         Namaste’ 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment