Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We All Learn From One Another

I love how people are put into our paths for a reason.  I love how we can learn and grow our souls from each and every person we meet or have contact with during the day.  I love how the enlightenment of one can be just the perfect thing we needed to hear.  I’m fascinated how when one makes himself vulnerable and tells “his story” and the overcoming of it, how it can lead to a path of healing for others.

Lately, I’ve been walking around with eyes wide open.  I see and hear things like I have never seen and heard before.  By being fully present in the company of another and staying out of my head and my agenda, the answers come to me in the most amazing of ways.

Yesterday, I met with someone I had not seen in quite some time.  I was fully present and just allowed for the moment to flow gracefully from one topic to the next.  I had no preconceived notions or hidden agendas.  I was able to just “be”.  The conversations that ensued, the words exchanged, the validations and healing that took place from that conversation was worth a million dollars.  I believe the universe put this person in my presence for exactly those reasons.  I, an empowerment coach, became empowered!  We may be coaches and are able to hold space for others, but we, too, are human beings with a journey.  The places where I second guess or wondered about were answered in just over an hours time.

I remember watching the other person speak to me and being so fascinated with their story and their insights I didn’t even really want to speak.  I was so honored to be sharing space with such a growing soul.  One of my validations was how fascinated and supporting I am of other’s growth.  When I hear stories of overcoming life’s trials I am truly overjoyed!  We all have them, but it’s what we do with them that is so important!  I have always been this way and truly realized during those moments of connection how much I truly love fellow man and view us all as innocent in this world.

I invite you to honor your time with another.  Be open in the space you share.  Lose your defenses and protection and just be…  Invite vulnerability into your life.  By making oneself vulnerable, it allows others to be as well and it’s truly fascinating what you will hear and how it will heal.
In gratitude of the Divine and my path,  KB

2 comments:

  1. This post peaked my curiosity. I'd love to know more of the story! I agree that truly listening and opening up to experiences can be transformative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Spiritsoflena! If it wasn't such a long story with many, many characters (we touched on so many topics) I would have retold... PS Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete