Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Living in the Gap

    
     So many times in life we find ourselves in the midst of waiting for a certain something to happen. We fret, we worry, we obsess... We feel our life cannot start until we get that certain something! We are thrown into a gap in time that feels like an abyss... an unfathomable or immeasurable void where we feel we will never reach what it is we are waiting for... This is where our true faith comes in.
     I remember when my ex-husband had told my son about this "cool" bicycle that his friend "might" be giving away. My son wanted that bike so badly! It was a very expensive motocross trick bike that was left in the garage of the friend's rental house. The renters had moved out and left the bike. The friend was waiting to see if they came back to get it. He had no contact number for them, therefore he chose to hold onto it for sometime to see if the owners came back for it.
     It was all my son could talk about. He asked me constantly about the bike and if I had heard from dad. I would gently tell him that was between him and his father and I knew nothing of the bike or the story behind it. Day after day, week after week, he obsessed about the bike. Finally, I explained to him about "letting go, letting God". I told him the worrying and obsessing was just keeping him from focusing and from being happy right now. I asked him if he was willing to give it up to the universe and let it go- kind of like a puff of smoke.  If it was meant to be, it would be his in divine right timing.   He told me he could and he actually did it!
     I did not hear another word about that bicycle until the day he told me his dad had called and the bike was to be his! It was approximately 6-8 weeks in time before my little boy had his answer. To an adult that may not seem like a very long time, but to a boy wanting a certain cool bike, that was forever!
     The truth is, we can not speed up time any faster with our obsession and we waste precious time by not being fully present in our life right now. Time is constant. It stops for no one. Although, it is fully in our power to choose what to do with our time.
     If you have something right now that is pending... That you want so badly you can taste it, consider giving it up to the universe. Say a little prayer of release such as, "I give this to you, God (Universe, Spirit, Source) and may you deliver this to me in divine right timing if  ________ is for my highest good. And so it is." One may have to repeat this prayer several times to fully feel and believe in its power...  Then sit back and trust that Spirit will bring to you what is truly for your highest good.
     Live in the NOW! Enjoy your life and the processes that it brings to you. We are learning and growing and evolving everyday. Enjoy NOW, for we only truly have NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment