Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Gratitude


  Have I taken the time to look around me and appreciate all that I have?

Sometimes I like to ask myself this question.  I can get so caught up in all that is going on around me that I lose track of myself, my purpose and my joy.  A little mental inventory is just the perfect thing to bring me back into the now. 

Last year, my world was full of chaos, sadness, anger, fear and pain.  At times I felt like I would never see the light.  The light did come.  And it actually came in the middle of the chaos!  It wasn’t a big, blue, bright, endless Arizona sky at first.  It was just a sliver of beautiful sunlight through the dark clouds.  But it was there…  It’s so easy to get caught up in it all, that we can’t see further than 1inch in front of us.  This is the time more than ever to be grateful for what we do have.  Even through life’s trials, we all have something to be grateful for. 

Gratitude brings more good to us.  I encourage you to take the time to look around you and smile.  This too shall pass and good is coming your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment