Thursday, October 28, 2010

On Being Your Authentic Self

Definition:    
AUTHENTIC:  not false or copied; genuine; real

     Being authentic in your life means being bold enough to know who you are. It's about embracing every little nuance, quirk, talent, expression of love and sense of humor along with multitudes of other things that make you UNIQUELY YOU.  It's about showing who you are no matter what.  The honorable traits and sometimes the less than honorable traits!  :) It's about letting go of outcomes or trying to be something you are not for someone else. 
     When we love ourself enough to show our true selves, our life opens up in remarkable ways!  We start to attract people who genuinely love us for who we are and support our authenticity as being a beautiful thing!
     Have you ever been around someone who "sold" themselves to you as something they are/were not?  How did you feel when you discovered the true person?  Did you feel betrayed?  Did you still feel the same way about them?
     The truth is, sometimes we don't even know we are not portraying our authenticity.  Would you be willing to look within today and ask yourself...  Is this truly what I believe/feel/want?  Am I being true to myself and allowing the whole of me to show?  Am I worried that I won't be liked if I show this part of me to someone?
     Take a risk! Take a chance!  Who you are is wonderful, amazing, unique and beautiful from the top of your head to the tip of your toes and everything in between!
     Go there.  Hold you up!  Celebrate your personality, opinions and quirks!

     Namaste'
    

  

1 comment:

  1. i love this ...... thank you to you too for embracing all my little kerrisms and quirks !!
    they truely make me the hillarious person i am
    i love it all :-)

    ReplyDelete