Thursday, November 4, 2010

Silence

     Silence....     Silence....    Silence....

     How do you feel in silence?  Is it uncomfortable or do you enjoy it?  Does your mind chatter away or do you find yourself in restful contemplation?
     Many people I know run from silence.  The "quietness" is an uncomfortable place to be.  It allows our minds to run free.  It may allow subjects to surface that we are unwilling to look at or feel.  It can be scary... It can be uncomfortable...
     I've been there.  I remember when I would do anything to not be alone or be in silence.  I didn't know it at the time, but it was so uncomfortable for me to not be moving or doing or have sound around me.  I contemplated this for awhile...  Did I really not want to be alone or was there something behind it all?  For me it was a little of both!  I'm a very social person.  One who enjoys sharing life.  But through further investigation, I also discovered that I was "covering" up the thoughts, feelings and messages being sent to me. 
     Upon further transformation in my life, I discovered (much to my surprise) how much I now enjoy my alone time.  How the silence speaks to me in amazing, beautiful, inspiring ways.  How the quiet place is a place of rest and serenity rather than a scary, alone place.
     This was a major discovery for me!  I also found that I could heal hurts and fears more quickly when I had this time.  I reflected more...  I prayed more... and I meditated more...   Funny how the one thing I had stayed away from for so long, I needed the most.
     I encourage any of you who are "afraid" of being alone and/or quiet to take a chance and embrace it!  Allow your innermost hurts, fears and desires to surface and be brought up to the light.  I think you will find your life changing in remarkable ways.
     Namaste'

1 comment:

  1. .......enjoy silence along the creek in sedona recently......this is so true.......you hear better......truely.......

    ReplyDelete