Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whose Business Are You In?

     There are 3 types of business:  Yours, someone else's and God's (Spirit, Source, Universe).  Whose business are you in at any given point of the day?  Check yourself.  Do you find yourself constantly thinking of something that is not yours?  Do you analyze and/or complain about something going on within another's life?  Take a moment.  Examine and explore.  Look inside and ask yourself- Whose business am I in?
     My mother has had cancer for 5 years.  I love my mother more than anything.  Do I sit and wallow and worry about her cancer?  I do not.  I gave that up to "God's Business" a long time ago.  I pray for her.  I send her healing light and I assist her in keeping positive.  The rest I give to Spirit.  And she does the same.  In 5 years, I have only seen her sad or angry probably twice.  She and her doctors believe that her longevity through this is 90% due to her attitude and light.
    When I find myself thinking or talking about someone else's "stuff", do I get upset and dwell on something that is surely not mine?  I do not.  I am responsible for my stuff and no one elses.  I send them love and compassion and know that they will work it out themselves.  "When you are in someone else's business, you have no time for your own."  (Byron Katie)  This does not mean we don't care.  It only means we don't waste valuable thought time and energy dwelling where we do not belong.  This does not mean I don't listen and be the best friend I can be, but I don't hang there emotionally long after the conversation is over. 
     Additionally, when we worry over a situation we are sending negative energy their way.  Sending them compassion is a higher vibration and sends them positive energy instead.

    For more information I invite you to explore the work of Byron Katie.  She is an international speaker and has several books to her credit.  Truly fascinating work!  

Namaste'

2 comments:

  1. Love this post. It is so true. Hard at times to achieve but a great goal once you get there the journey was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete