Saturday, January 1, 2011

Believe in Yourself and Your Divine Messages


       Have you ever had a great idea or inspiration that you couldn’t wait to share with someone but when you did, they replied to you with doubt, skepticism or negativity?  You then felt the wind immediately deflate from your sails, the excitement die and inevitably the great idea got cast to the wind?  Why is it that we believe someone else’s opinion over our own?  Why do we allow the naysayers in our lives to hold us back or steal our excitement and enthusiasm?  We do these things out of lack of faith in ourselves and lack of faith in the Universe.  We say inside, “Yeah, I guess they are right…  What a crazy idea that was.”  We stay locked in the same box they are in and we don’t live to our highest potential and growth.
       When we doubt ourselves, we are leaving the door wide open for the naysayers in our lives to walk right in and make themselves comfortable.  Sometimes they do this subconsciously out of jealousy and other times they just can’t provide the support we need based on their own restrictive comfort zones and insecurities.  They couldn’t possibly even dream of attempting what we are doing therefore their reply is personally based and out pops their own fears and doubts. 
       Some of us seek outside validation before we make any decisions at all. We do not trust our own thoughts, beliefs and intuitions.  We are so caught up in what everyone else believes to be true that we hesitate to move forward with anything until we have an ample crew of supporters on board.  But everything is relative.  They can only support us to the extent that they are comfortable themselves.  There has been many times I have wanted to do something and I got hit with a block from someone close to me.  I could be so sure and so confident going in, and then I walk away feeling all jumbled up inside and doubtful.  Confused as to whether it really was a good idea and if I could really pull it off successfully. Part of my own becoming was the realization that I was only looking for their approval to help motivate me due to my lack of belief in myself.  In retrospect, the times I did not look for approval, I just acted out of my own desire and inner knowing, I was successful in my venture!
       For example, I knew a lady who wanted to write a book.  She had a deep inner knowing that this was what she needed to do.  However, her husband, who loved her greatly, kept downplaying the idea.  She kept putting the book off.  She postponed starting it for years.  Eventually she just couldn’t hold the book inside any longer and she started to write it.  It flowed out of her like a stream of water.  It felt so good and she was enjoying the process immensely.  One day, her husband said to her, “If you become a successful author, you will leave me.”  Ah-ha!  That is why he downplayed her idea for so many years. He was afraid.  He later confirmed that he knew she could do it, but he was afraid of what her success might do to their marriage.  She later claimed she should not have looked outside herself for validation.  She knew what she needed to be doing, but was doubtful that she could do it and in looking for support she got just the opposite.  And of course, the marriage survived her success.
       What I am trying to say, is that we all have a constant connection with Spirit.  We receive divine messages every day of what’s good for us and what pathways we need to explore.  Sometimes the pathway looks foreign and scary to us, but it may be just the beginning of a new adventure that will take us higher and higher!  If you get a message that keeps urging you forward in some area of your life, explore it!  Ask for further messages and signs from the Universe.  They will come and your pathway to greatness will be laid before you!  Trust in yourself!  Have faith in the Universe!  And live your best life now!
       And so it is…

No comments:

Post a Comment