Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

“Stairway to Heaven”
Performed by Led Zepellin written by Jimmy Page.
          Tonight I was on my way to fill my tank with gas on the way to retrieving my daughter from work.  I was very sleepy having just put my little one to bed in a dark, warm cozy room so I was in a peaceful contemplative mood.  Being I grew up with older brothers during the Led Zepellin era, their songs are all ingrained in me.  I played Barbies while my bros had their bluesy-rock, sultry sounds blaring from the rooms next door.  Unbeknownst to me I grew to know every song (but not their titles) and developed a deep love for the music.  As the years progressed, I still listened to them but really only with my ears and not my soul.  Being the lyrics were embedded in me so very long ago when I was so young, I didn’t really understand them or even try to. 
          Tonight was a different story.  I felt like I not only “heard” the lyrics, but I “felt” them as well.  A new awareness of what they might mean came over me in a quiet knowing.  Being that art (music ) of all forms is left to the imagination and interpretation I am going to share what my thoughts/feelings were this quiet evening drive.  The reason for the long intro into this blog is because I have such a huge respect and appreciation for what I believe to be one of the greatest  bands of all time. I only wish to share with you what I believe the message Jimmy Page was sending out to the people.
“And a new day will dawn for those who stand long and the forests will echo with laughter.”
My Interpretation:
I believe this speaks of those of us who stand strong (long) in faith no matter what happens in our life. Those are the ones who will find happiness on the other side.  Those who stand strong in the storms of life will emerge on the other side to a beautiful day. At all times throughout life, we have choices:

"Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on."

  We have the choice to take the high road or the low road- to take the path of least resistance or the path that feels “right” no matter what the resistance.  We can keep trudging forward through the muck and mud or we can let it swallow us up.
For all of you who never give up- For all of you that accept your trials and rise above- For all of you that have found  yourself off path and redirected your life- For all of you that stay strong in faith no matter what…
This song is their gift to you…

No comments:

Post a Comment