Monday, January 3, 2011

What Life is Waiting For You?

You have to give up the life you have to get the one that’s waiting for you.”                James Hillman (Jungian Psychologist)

Are you living your passion?  Are you fulfilling your dreams and desires?  What is out there waiting for you?  Unfortunately, the world is plagued with people who play small their whole lives.  They feel a deep stirring of something more, something greater, but instead they settle for status quo, the path of least resistance.  What is it that makes us deny our inner calling?  What makes us ignore our true essence?  Most often, my friends, it is fear.  The fear of change, the fear of failure and/or (believe it or not) the fear of success!
The year 2010 was a year of transition, change, learning, growth and challenge for me.  I had found myself in a position that I never thought I would be in and not by the doing of my own hand.  It literally came out of nowhere and rocked my entire world!  I had to deal with hardcore issues that involved very strong emotions and during this time I had to somehow keep being a stable parent and role model.  Difficult can’t even begin to describe how painful that year was.  But during this time, I knew… Somehow, I just knew  deep inside that all of this was happening for me, not to me.  I knew that if I remained calm and centered the universe (God, Source, Spirit) would reveal to me in time what this was all about. I had no idea what it could possibly be, but I held strong, kept the faith and sure enough it did!
I had denied for many years a part of my soul, a part of my true essence.  I unconsciously held myself back out of fear of change, fear of navigating uncharted waters and fear of success!  I finally realized this was my time and I paid attention to what started presenting itself to me and I went with it.  I had no idea where it all would lead me, but I dove in head first.  And the truth is, it wasn’t scary at all.  I was entering the zone of my true essence and it felt so comfortable and right that I never even thought about what it could mean.  I just knew it felt so right!  It took a total collapse of “life as I knew it” to bring me to my knees so I would start listening to that small, still voice within direct me to fulfilling my true self, to living a life with purpose and passion rather than the same ole, same ole. 
Based on my faith in the universe and how things manifest for us, I was fortunate enough to believe my signs and signals and follow them with faith.  Many of us have no such belief and may find themselves floundering around trying to control all aspects of their lives only to find themselves, depleted and living a joyless life.  My invitation to you is: to simply Let Go…  If you set your intentions, really feel them and believe they will manifest, your life will start unfolding in the most remarkable ways!  Don’t make the universe bonk you upside the head to get you to listen.  Go within and find the true essence of you and what you are denying and GO FOR IT!  Your essence is your divine gift, it is your calling and your passion.  Be willing to bring this into your life today and embrace the joy it will bring to you!  J
Namaste’

No comments:

Post a Comment