Monday, January 24, 2011

Changing Your Inner Dialogue and Need to Control

If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.”            Deepok Chopra


In Kristen’s words:
Practicing the art of changing my inner dialogue, has literally changed my life!  Whenever a negative, self-defeating or judgmental dialogue starts to come into my random thinking, I simply- Cancel, Clear, Delete.  I discovered that if the thoughts running through my mind are not Love-based, they are unserving and I will continue to attract and manifest negative things into my life.  Some days are easier than others, but as time goes on, it is becoming a habit and I find myself more peaceful and joyful on a day to day basis.  Things that use to illicit a lasting negative emotional response in me no longer have any power.  I had no idea that I was creating my reality by my thoughts!  I invite you to try this!  It will seem very difficult at first, but like anything, if you keep it up, it will become a habit and you, too, can travel more peacefully through your days.
Releasing the need to control outcomes has also been a powerful change for me.  Last year, I was put into a situation that was not only life altering, but extremely emotionally painful.  I had been in practice (or at least very aware of the practice) of releasing the need to control.  In areas of my life that were not that big of a deal, it was easy.  But in some areas I struggled terribly.  During my Growth Year (as I like to call it instead of Hell Year J) I found myself calling upon this very thing over and over.  I found myself literally on my knees praying:  “Dear God, I give this to you…  This is bigger than me and I know you have the perfect plan.  I trust that you will deliver me (us) through this in the most perfect way.”  I would say it as often as I needed.  Sometimes I just said it to convince myself!  As the year unfolded, it all worked out perfectly…  Everything was/is in Divine Order and I truly believe that is because I left it up to the Universe to handle for me.  I allowed it all to present itself to me in right timing.  I didn’t want to mess up what was going on behind the scenes so I stayed out of it.  I sat back in faith.  I didn’t however sit on the couch eating Bon-Bons!  I paid close attention to signs and signals that would keep me moving in the forward direction.  And I can honestly say I am back on path!  A bumpy detour led me to a better direction than I could have ever imagined.
Release the need to control.  We only think we know what we are doing when in truth, only Source does.              Blessings,  KB

No comments:

Post a Comment